Both in the lab and outside, DPRG members believe it is important to live in agreement with what we study. While doing so we also strive to uphold our social responsibility. Here in DPRG we attempt to sustain environmentally friendly practices such as actively commuting when possible. We also value the importance of giving back to the community: This past September (2012) lab members cumulatively raised $500 in support of breast cancer at the annual Run for the Cure event in Kelowna. In December (2012) lab members collected 77lbs of dairy products and donated it to the Kelowna Food Bank. In April (2013) we participated in the Vancouver Sun Run. We are always looking for more ways to get involved in our community both by enjoying our amazing environment as well as participating in community events.
- Dr. Mary Jung and Dr. Jonathon Little are the recepients of the Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR) grant.
- Dr. Mary Jung and Dr. Jon Little featured by UBCO-tv
- Kaitlyn Bailey wins People’s Choice at University wide 3 minute thesis competition.
- Kaitlyn Bailey wins FHSD 3 minute thesis competition.
- Dr. Mary Jung’s discusses strategies to increase milk consumption in a Recent Edition of Nutrition & the Physician
- Katie is the recent recipient of two awards! Congratulations!
- The Healthy Together website is launched and sites begin to implment the program and collect data
- Listen to Dr. Mary Jung and Dr. Jon Little discuss their research with CBC RadioWest
- Strategies to Increase Consumption of Milk Products
- UBC Selected to evaluate health strategy
- UBC Selected to Evaluate One of Nine National Health Strategies
- Lab manager Wendi Wright – Faculty of Health and Social Development Student Speaker at UBCO Convocation 2013
- Our very own Shayla competes at Nationals!
- Tricks of the Trade: How to Overcome Exercise Barriers
- Experts discuss growing problem of obesity
- PUMPS- Prevention, Understanding, Motivation, Power and Skills to Heal